ETHIOPIA: Travel Diary - Arrival


Have arrived in Ethiopia safe. Business class is Legit! Thank You Air Ethiopia - the best flight I have ever had! Arrived at Addis Ababa International Airport and drove through city in cover of darkness, to the 5 lakes area of Debre Zeit, about 45 minutes outside of Addis.

FIRST IMPRESSIONS? The people here are so beautiful, inside and out, 
and the friendliness and hospitality is
overwhelming. Kuriftu resort is stunning, could stay here a week, but only 2 nights before moving on. Its on a lake, and built in stone. This place is strange, being a South African. Same Same but different it is. . . So much of it reminds me of the Africa I call home, the Africa I love, but just as much of it is so exotic from anything I know. You see this in the people, in the architecture, in the culture . . . its all so close to home, yet so far away. I cant wait for the sun to rise so I can get a good look at my surroundings